Monday, April 15, 2013

History... When does it actually begin?

-->
I was speaking to a new client earlier this week. She asked all the normal questions about Thermography. We discussed the normal differences between Thermography and Mammography, pros and cons of both; limitations of both, etc.
After we had spoken for a while this client told me she had a history of breast cancer in her family. That’s not unusual for me to hear. But her last statement to me is what prompted this blog. She said “I’m not accepting my family’s history…I’m choosing to start my own family history.”
That got me thinking about how often I hear the “history” sentence that most women carry around. I always talk about how much our mental state affects our physical state and by thinking positive you can often times overcome things that we deem are destiny because of the past.
Now, I am not saying that we should not be cognizant of our family medical history. What I am saying is we should take a strong look at what shaped “that history” and discover what we can do to “shape our own history”. The instances of breast cancer in a family, much like cardiac issues, lung cancer, etc., can generally be traced back to some ways to lifestyle. Lifestyles can be changed. With the technology available in nearly every home, in public libraries, schools, etc., we all have the tools at our disposal to be cognizant of the lifestyle changes WE can make to help change the medical history’s we carry around.
Most of the time when you see information about Thermography it is in reference to breast health.  Thermography or mammography, it’s all about one over the other. I disagree. I think educating everyone on the benefits and limitations of each, because they each do have their own benefits and limitations, will actually provide the information needed to help each person plan their own “health care plan”. So often the phrase “health care plan” is associated with what insurance will pay for; or a government program will provide for us. To me, a “health care plan” is what we are doing to make a difference in keeping ourselves as healthy as possible before we need medical intervention. Thermography is a good tool for that purpose. This technology is best used for early detection of a myriad of ailments. Issues such as thyroid dysfunction, immune system dysfunction, diabetes, cardiac issues, pain, infection, arthritis, etc., can all be detected in early stages and therefore “lifestyle changes” can be implemented to help either stall further symptoms or reverse the symptoms.
If you’re interested in finding out what’s going on in your body try a Thermographic scan. It’s like a report card for your body.
For more information or to book your appointment, please call 615-934-3121, email: info@bodybreastscans.com or go online and book yourself at www.bodybreastscans.com

No comments:

Post a Comment